Great Essay Topic Ideas for Your Literature Essays
The first and most important step when writing a literature essay is choosing a topic. However, with so many literature essay topics to choose from, the task of selecting a good one can be difficult. Additionally, there are some particular points to bear in mind when selecting a topic and title for your essay. For example, you need to take the research aspects into account as well as assessing how the topic relates to your course of study. The following is a list of useful topics and tips to help you get started on your next literature assignment.
- Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche. Any work by this master of words is worth reading. You will experience a rush of ideas that all become connected in a manner you could not imagine. Even though Beyond Good and Evil was written over a hundred years ago, its message is still relevant to modern society. It provides a great basis for any literature essay.
- The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde. This is a hugely funny English book. However, despite the early hilarity, the story takes a dramatic twist and touches upon some delicate subject matter. Although the style changed quite radically, the plot moved swiftly along with both the storyline and style keeping pace one another. It is masterpieces like this that earned Wilde his reputation as a genius.
- I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King. This speech about human rights and the writer’s dream of equality makes powerful reading. Quite simply, anyone tasked with writing essays about literature should read this awesome speech!
- The Old and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. This book is truly remarkable and will undoubtedly remain in the mind of any high school student who reads it. The story is cleverly narrated and it delivers a robust message. There is no one who will regret reading or writing a literature essay on this excellent book.
- 21st Century Literature. Take a look at some of the literature pieces that is currently available and examine the writing styles. What is notable about the style of books currently available? What is the success ingredient behind some of the best 21st century works? Does it feel as though contemporary writers have quite dramatically changed the art of story-telling?Most notable authors of the 20th century. If you are looking for great literature essay topics, draft a list of the best writers from the last century. Then look at your list and consider why you thought these were the best.
- How the English language has evolved. Consider how the English language has developed. Is it evolving faster than ever thanks to the Internet and other contemporary factors?
- How has technology affected the art of writing? Do you believe we now communicate more effectively with so many gadgets at our disposal? The technology effect is everywhere and is applicable to any essay on literature.
- What impact have e-books had? How is literature being affected by so many new publishing methods and other modern technologies?
- Can anyone become a great writer of Literature? Is hard work sufficient? Or does one require other skills such as creative flair?
You might also find research proposal essay topics useful.