Coalition Application Service
The Coalition Application was created by a group of college administrators as an alternative to the more-widely used Common Application. The 2019-2020 application cycle is the third full cycle in which the Coalition App is available.
Many colleges ask their applicants for the same basic information: your name and address, the classes you took in high school, your GPA, and your test score. The Coalition app, like the Common app, offers you the chance to enter all that information into a single platform without having to re-enter it for each new school that you apply for.
Coalition Application Essay
Like the Common App, the Coalition App has a section for which applicants must write and submit a personal essay. Most schools that accept the Coalition App require applicants to submit a coalition application essay. Some schools might also require applicants to submit other writing samples in the form of short answers or a "why this college" essay. Look at your schools' application requirements pages to learn more about what kinds of materials they require for admission.
With the Coalition App (and all other centralized application systems), you get to write one single essay and use it for all the schools you’re applying to.
The point of the coalition essay is to give colleges a better sense of what’s important to you by drawing a more well-rounded picture of who you are. Moreover, the personal essay reveals things about yourself that can’t be found on other parts of your application. Finally, the Coalition essay is important because it showcases your writing ability.
Now that we’ve covered what the Coalition Application essay is and why it’s such a critical part of your college application, let’s take a look at the coalition application essay prompts.
Below you will find more useful info on application writing in the video format:
(Source: Youtube channel My College Timeline)
Coalition Essay Prompts
The Coalition App currently offers five prompts to choose from. You can choose whichever prompt you want for your essay. Here they are:
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you’ve had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a teenager now? What’s the best part? What advice would you give a younger sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.
Сoalition Application Essay Writing Tips
It is not a revelation that admission officers pay attention to the following components while determining the strengths of each applicant: grades, admission test scores, success in the curriculum, participation in the outside activities, etc. If the results are approximately equal, it can be challenging to make the choice. It is when a coalition application essay is mostly taken into consideration. If you would like to win in this kind of competition, you have to spend enough time on the admission writing and be very creative. The following tips will help you:
- Assume that you are telling a compelling story. The biggest mistake that students make in a coalition application essay is presenting the list of their life details and all possible events that led to numerous achievements. Application packages will give you a chance to present some basic details about your life and application writing has little to do with just enumerating your life achievements. It is vital to introduce yourself to the reader and show your passions in life. You can do it by applying humor or quotes from people that you admire. You should always be honest in your writing and mentioning that you visited a number of countries in Africa just to impress your readers will do no good. Such facts can be easily checked and you are bound to fail the admission process. Present the truth in an uplifted manner and you will definitely succeed in college application essays.
- Follow all writing requirements for each college. Every college and university usually provides concise and strict rules that students must follow. The main requirement for an coalition application essay is to adhere to the required number of words. You have to understand that every admission officer is expected to read numerous essays every day. He/she should spend no more than 3-5 minutes per each essay, so if you exceed the suggested word limit, it will make the reader angry and you will definitely fail the task. If you cannot follow the basic requirements, the question arises in the officer’s head “How are you going to succeed in college?” If you were asked to write a 500-word essay, even a couple of extra words can determine your future.
- Editing the final paper is always important. No matter what coalition essay prompts you have to explore, grammar and spelling mistakes will negatively influence readers’ perception, even if the content is breathtaking. For sure, students are not professional writers and can make a couple of mistakes, but excessive paper flaws will not be appreciated. If you strive to join a specific educational establishment, you must work on your written communication skills since most of your home assignments will be done in a written form. Do not forget to edit your paper before submission. You can ask your parents to help with it since it can be challenging to trace your personal mistakes.
Many students do not understand that a coalition application essay is a chance to reach something important in your life. Passing tests and exams can be much different since students will be stressed and anxious be entering the class only. In comparison, writing an coalition application essay will take place at home and you are given a unique chance to show who you really are and what you want to achieve in your life. We do hope that our writing hints will be useful in your writing and you will easily produce an outstanding essay not wasting much time.
Coalition Application Essay Word Limit
While there’s no official word limit for the Coalition Application essay, you should aim to write about 500-550 words. This is a pretty standard college essay length.
Need a Perfect Coalition Application Essay? Ask for our Help
Your dedicated writer from our team will craft your perfect coalition application essay from the ground up. We'll learn your background and interests, brainstorm essay topics and at the end, you'll have a unique essay that you'll proudly submit to your top choice colleges. Don't leave your coalition application to chance.